BSB41015 - Certificate IV in Human Resources (Release 2)
Face to face: 8 days
Amount of training: 430 hours (64 hours face-to-face + 366 hours self-paced learning and assessment)
Qualification completion timeframe: 12 months
This course will equip participants with the essential knowledge, skills and attributes to work across a range of human resources functions.
Units of Competency
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- BSBFIA402 - Report on financial activity
- BSBHRM403 - Support performance-management processes
- BSBHRM404 - Review human resources functions
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBLDR402 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLED401 - Develop teams and individuals
- BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWRK411 - Support employee and industrial relations procedures
Human resources assistants, human resources coordinators, human resources administrators and payroll officers.
Above individuals seeking formal recognition of their skill set.
This course includes foundation skills as prescribed in each unit of competency. Foundation skills are a combination of English language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) - listening, speaking, reading, digital literacy and use of mathematical ideas, together with employability skills such as collaboration, problem solving, self-management, learning, and information and communication technology (ICT) skills required for participation in modern workplaces and contemporary life.
The course will be delivered over eight (8) days of face-to-face workshops and will be led by our experienced trainers.
Each session contains a participant workbook that includes a series of theories and models, accompanying information, additional reading, written activities, reflective tasks and PowerPoint slides as well as the formal assessment.
We offer students up to 12 months to complete the Institute of Management Certificate IV in Human Resources - BSB41015 qualification. The course can be completed earlier depending on experience and recognition of prior learning.
RPL and Credit Transfer
Institute of Management can formally recognise a student's existing level of skills and knowledge in two ways:
- Recognition of prior learning (RPL)
- Credit transfer
The objective of the assessment process is to help students consolidate and build on the formal learning delivery of the Certificate IV in Human Resources course, through the application of learning into their current or future work role.
These assessments are designed to cover a range of skills and knowledge required to demonstrate achievement of the course objectives. Our aim is to collect workplace evidence on a number of occasions and in a variety of contexts and situations.
After completing this qualification candidates will be able to:
- Develop industry specific skills relevant to staff recruitment, performance management and industrial relations
- Establish effective workplace relationships
- Understand workplace health and safety
- Conduct research and analysis across a range of human resource functions
- Understand importance of staff training and development
- Use leadership to promote team cohesion.
Requirements to receive the Qualification
This course requires the completion of ten (10) units of competency made up of 6 core units plus 4 elective units, which contain the prescribed foundation skills.
Pathways from the Qualification
BSB50615 - Diploma of Human Resources Management
Introduction to CERT IV in Human Resources
BSBHRM404 - Review human resources functions
BSBHRM403 - Support performance-management processe
BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
BSBLDR402 - Lead effective workplace relationships
BSBLED401 - Develop teams and individuals
BSBWRK411 - Support employee and industrial relations procedures
BSBWHS401 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
BSBFIA402 - Report on financial activity