Coaching and Mentoring
Face-to-face duration: 3 days
This three (3) day course covers the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to successfully implement a coaching and mentoring program. It provides participants with the tools to effectively develop a coaching and mentoring agreement that is uniquely tailored to individuals in an organisation.
This course provides a systematic process, a framework that measures and bridges an individual’s developmental gap to meet specified organisational outcomes.
- Assess organisation human capabilities, learning strategies and work practices.
- Develop a coaching and mentoring program.
- Implement coaching and mentoring pathway.
- Monitor coaching and mentoring developmental journey.
- Review coaching and mentoring agreements.
- Define benefits for individuals and organisations to establish a mentoring and coaching program.
- Apply mentoring and coaching road maps to individuals.
- Undertake research and analysis of organisational development of best practice.
- Apply coaching and mentoring methodologies.
- Build effective coaching and mentoring relationships.
- Provide learning opportunities with effective monitoring processes.
- Provide effective feedback to act as stimulus and progress.
- Link coaching and mentoring to performance management.
- Job functional analysis.
- Effective work environment for learning.
- Coaching techniques and mentoring principles.
- Facilitate knowledge management.
- Adult learning theories and learners’ characteristics.
- Adult learning styles.
- Building alliances and developing personal growth.
- Learning organisations.
- Leaders, supervisors and human resources managers.
- Trainers, coaches and mentors.
- Individual and group activities.
- Short lecture sessions.
- Practical and experiential.
This three (3) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state-of-the-art student manual with all reference material, PowerPoint presentations and activities.
Assess organisation human capabilities, learning strategies and work practices
- Establish priorities for learning and development for the organisation.
- Conduct competencies audit in conjunction with human resources planning.
- Identify program benefits.
Develop a coaching and mentoring program
- Evaluate learners’ behaviours and learning styles.
- Propose the learning journey framework.
- Recommend changes to current work practices.
- Activities throughout the module.
Implement coaching and mentoring pathways
- Develop and document a training plan.
- Discuss roles and responsibilities for the contractual agreement.
- Establish measures for learning effectiveness and communicate evaluation.
- Plan for contingencies and a fairness procedure if required.
- Activities throughout the module.
Monitor coaching and mentoring developmental journey
- Provide support and networking opportunities.
- Choose a culturally appropriate communication style that is inclusive.
- Offer appropriate feedback to reinforce individual achievements and an action plan to meet and exceed specified milestones.
- Apply relevant legislation, regulations and organisational requirements to situations.
Review coaching and mentoring agreements
- Close the training plan and seek feedback to evaluate the achievement of the outcomes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the learning journey.
- Record outcomes and discuss feedback with key personnel at all levels of the organisation.