Face to face duration: 2 days
This two (2) day course provides participants with the fundamental tools and techniques as well as a practical application and approach for organisational risk planning, identifying and analysing organisational risk issues, developing organisational risk handling strategies and monitoring progress in implementing risk handling strategies.
- Identify threats and opportunities and weigh their relative value in the organisation.
- Control multiple risks using limited strategies.
- Plan response to risks.
- Risk assessment and response development.
- Include risk and opportunity as integral components of next organisational plan.
- A practical, seven-step process to manage organisational risks.
- The use of risk registers.
- The use of decision trees.
- Analyse rank and prioritise risks.
- Overcome psychological barriers to risk in stakeholders (internal and external).
- A thorough understanding of organisational risks, managing organisational risks and systems used to manage and treat these risks.
- Development of a risk management culture in the organisation.
- Influence organisational culture and provide strategic direction in risk management.
- Overview of organisational risk management process.
- Risk management framework.
- Organisational risk management process - lessons learnt.
- Organisational risk planning, identification and analysis.
- The decision tree.
- Risk handling and monitoring.
- Account manager.
- Finance manager.
- Project coordinator.
- Risk manager.
- Business manager.
- General manager.
- Project manager.
- Senior project manager.
- Group discussion.
- Case studies
- Individual and group activities.
- Experiential and practical.
- Short lecture sessions.
- Templates and checklists.
This two (2) day course has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning.
Participants will also receive a state-of-the-art student manual with all reference material, PowerPoint presentations and activities.
Overview of risk management
- What is risk management?
- Types of risks.
- Projects, programs and portfolios.
- Risk management process.
Establish the risk management context and identify risks
- Risk management plan.
- Risk statements.
- Risk register.
Analyse and evaluate risks
- Qualitative risk analysis.
- Quantitative risk analysis
- Evaluate risks.
- Risk treatment strategies.
Monitor and review, communicate and consult risks