Primavera P6 Essentials
Face-to-face duration: 2 days
Oracle's Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is the most powerful, robust and easy-to-use solution for globally prioritizing, planning, managing and executing projects, programs and portfolios. Primavera P6 Enterprise Project Portfolio Management is an integrated project portfolio management (PPM) solution comprising role-specific functionality to satisfy each team member's needs, responsibilities and skills.
It provides a single solution for managing projects of any size and adapts to various levels of complexity within a project. In addition, it intelligently scales to meet the needs of various roles, functions or skill levels in an organization and on a project team.
This course is equally beneficial for the beginners and intermediate users of primavera with deep insight of Primavera P6. It broadly covers basic and intermediate features of Primavera but also include introduction of some advance features. This course provides full expertise to the users for complete project schedule creation from scratch, maintenance, analysis, update and reporting by use of Primavera P6.
- Ability to create and manage project enterprise structure within Primavera P6 database
- Create project work breakdown structure
- Develop resource loaded or simple project schedule
- Manage the project time frame related constraints
- Estimate the required man-hours for various activities up to total project by resource assignment
- Updating the baseline program for monitoring slippage and delays
- Reporting critical tasks and developing various structured reports
- Organizing data by use of codes
- Linking other project data files to related project activities defined in Primavera P6.
This course is targeted at those who are seeking to develop their skills and knowledge in project planning and controls from basic up to intermediate expertise:
- Project managers
- Project planning & control managers
- Planning and scheduling engineers
- Project planner and scheduler
- Project control engineers
- Project team members
- Project team leaders
- Project coordinators
- Managing enterprise project environment
- Creation of baseline programs from scratch
- Effective management and updating of baselines.
- Calculating percentage complete.
- Importing and exporting project data.
- Data organization by use of codes
- Developing project status reports from built-in templates and user defined templates.
Participants should be working in a project management environment and understand how projects are planned and controlled. They should have functional capabilities to operate computers with basic knowledge of application software e.g. Microsoft office.
- Face-to-face delivery of theory
- Facilitated discussions
- Individual activities
- Structured workshops for software
- Facilitator demonstrates the functions of the software using different mediums, such as PowerPoint slides, live software module by module view on screen.
The course has been structured to be delivered over two (2) days. It has been designed by our senior trainers who combine industry experience with academic excellence.
The course provides students with theoretical knowledge and practical application of Primavera P6 for developing project baseline schedules, monitoring and controlling in-progress projects and applying control measures to arrest slippages in the projects.
Our program design and delivery is based on adult learning principles and experiential learning techniques:
- Individual activities
- Practical and experiential
- Short lecture sessions
- Workshop activities
- Using templates
Participants will receive a student manual which includes Power Point presentations and course book with structured workshops to perform during the class in presence of instructor for any assistance required.
- Starting up and navigation
- Creating a new project
- Defining calendars
- Creating a Primavera project WBS
- Adding activities and organising under the WBS
- Formatting the display
- Adding relationships
- Schedule Creation & Activity network view
- Organizing Primavera Data
- Use of Filters
- Printing and reports
- Updating a schedule (non-resourced)
- Creating roles and resources
- Assigning resources and expenses
- Resource optimisation
- Base lining the project plan
- Updating a resourced schedule
- Primavera Workshop 7 - Adding activities